Promoting a business online is one of the major struggles in the current scenario. It is a very crucial process and requires a lot of convention as to get the best results. There are many ways in which a website can be promoted across with the help of certain tools. The Internet consists of BILLIONS of web pages and millions more appear every day. Here are some tips with the help of which you can make your website popular and give it an edge over your competitors:
SEO or Search engine Optimization is the process that helps in making a business/website reach its target audience. It is a long term activity that results in higher ranking and good visibility of a brand. It could be done with the help of SEO content which enables the linking of the various web links that initiate the whole process. Link building can be done by following ways:
- Directory Submissions: One of the best ways of getting authentic back links is by submitting your website with unique description in directories with do follow settings and high PR. Some of the best sites for directory submission are: www.demoz.com, www.directoryfire.com
- PPT and Video Submissions: PPT and video submission are one of the best way of getting huge referral traffic as they populate content of the website in a fun and entertaining manner, without bugging user with lot of content to read. Sites for PPT: www.slideshare.com, www.scribd.com.For Video submission: www.youtube.com, www.vimeo.com
- Local Listings: In local listings you create a profile of your business with the information like name of the business, place (address), contact number and other necessary details pertaining to your business that users need to know. Most popular sites are: Google+ Local and Internet Yellow Pages.
- Social Bookmarking: Another most common tool for link building is social bookmarking in which you can add, edit, update and bookmark the sites and web documents that you want to share with other people. Some of the most used sites are: www.stumbleupon.com and www.reddit.com
- Classified Sites: Classified submission is one of the easiest and most popular ways of letting the world know about your business and its details that you want prospective audience to know about. Sites are: www.clickindia.com and www.indiaclassifieds.com
- Search Engine Submissions: It may or may not surprise you to hear that the majority of traffic from the internet is derived from search engines. With that said, search engines should be the first place that you should turn to promote your online presence. The popular search engines include: Google, Yahoo and Bing. If you promote them on all the search engines, the results will be good for your business.
SEM or Search Engine Marketing is the paid way of promoting your business online. It involves three ways:
- CPM: In Cost per Thousand Impression you pay Google for every thousand views on your ads. The amount that has to be paid has to be pre-decided between you and Google. This generally favored by the advertisers focusing on brand awareness.
- PPC: In PPC or Pay per Click promoter pays certain set amount of money to Google for every click on their ads.
- CPA: CPA stands for Cost per Action. In this the advertiser pays Google for every desired action performed by a user on your ad such as purchase of product and service or filling of form etc.
Platform for SEM is : www.google.com/adwords
3. Social Media:
The best and easiest way to promote your business is to publicize it on social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn etc. It not only gives a visibility to your business but also gives a platform of interacting with the clients and consumers too.
Some of the famous sites are: www.facebook.com, www.linkedin.com
4. Email and SMS Marketing:
Email marketing is done by promoting the product by directly sending an email to an individual or group on their email ids. On the other hand, SMS marketing is done by sending text messages to people on their mobiles. Promoter can send message to an individual or a group by using bulk messaging service providers available online.
Some of the famous sites are: Fullonsms.com,Way2sms.com
5. Affiliate Marketing:
Affiliate Marketing is done when your product is promoted and sold on someone else’s website. The seller gets only the commission amount pre-determined between you and the seller.
Finally, after doing all of the above steps and suggestions rate and grade your website using online tools. These tips will definitely help you in promoting your brand and result in higher revenues.
Some of the top Affiliate Networks are: ShareASale , Commission Junction, Rakuten LinkShare, Amazon Associates